Stranica 7 od 7 PrvaPrva ... 567
Prikazujem rezultate 181 do 199 od 199

Tema: Warhammer 40k: Dark Millennium Online

Senior Member Respawned sorcerer Srle's Avatar
    Datum registracije
    Feb 2007

Re: Warhammer 40k: Dark Millennium Online

Definitivno zanimljivo...Nije kao TOR da diže očekivanja, koja su blago rečeno splasnula. Ako budem igrao igram kao Space Marine, fkors...jedina mana je što su samo Black Templars izbor....
    - Always angry, all the time -

Moderator Fight fire with fire sickpetey's Avatar
    Datum registracije
    Mar 2010

Nitko nije rekao da se armori nece moci customizirati. Nego ce ti Chapter biti od Black Templara. U Warhammer Age of Reckoning si u Imperiji poceo kao vojnik Nordlanda koji nose plave uniforme al ti si ipak mogao staviit prokletu ruzicastu boju na cijeli armor ako si htio. U svakoj warhammer igri (osim Fire Warriora i onih strategija prije prvog dawn of wara) mogao si customizirati colour scheme armora,zar stvarno mislis da ce sada to maknut?

Datum registracije
    Mar 2010

THQ Going to Try Different Monetisation Models

THQ's Brian Farrell states that the upcoming Warhammer 40k: Dark Millennium Online will utilise a "flexible"monetisation model so they can "exploit the game on a worldwide basis."

The Vigil developed MMO won't have "just one business model," but will employ "other monetisation mechanisms"and the team has been "very thoughtful about how" to do it.

This could mean the western markets see a more traditional subscription charge, while Asian markets get a free-to-play model with plenty of micro transactions.

Most MMOs have tended to adopt the free-to-play philosophy eventually here in the west, as the majority that do see a spike in popularity and profit; Age of Conan, Lord of the Rings Online, Champions Online and more.

"The markets are different around the world for the business models with which you can ship an MMO," said THQ CEO Brian Farrell during an earnings call. "So what we've done is make the business model within Dark Millennium Online flexible so we can use different business models in different territories and exploit the game on a worldwide basis."

"We will have not just one business model, like subscriptions. There will be other monetisation mechanisms in the game... The team there is being very thoughtful about how we maximise monetisation in this game." CFO Paul Pucino reveals it is THQ's grandest financial project to date with a minimum of $50 million pumped into it. It's due out in 2013.

Tim Campbell Interviewed at GamesCom by RPS

RPS: So, you haven’t released a great deal of information on the game yet. Is this going to be a traditional MMORPG?

Tim Campbell: We look at it like, there’s two layers to an MMO. There’s the upper layer, which is progression, merchants, getting abilities and all that kind of stuff, and we have some twists and turns in there but for the most part it’ll be quite similar to the other MMOs out there.

Where we want to innovate is in the basic, moment-to-moment gameplay. The first thing we realised is that if you try to do traditional MMO combat with guns, it doesn’t work. You have like, a tank with a gun? It doesn’t make sense. And because the IP is really visceral and powerful, we wanted to amp the action up. So, it’s much more action-based. But we don’t want to talk about that just yet.

What I will say is that walking through these halls, you can spot an MMO from forty feet away. There’s something about ‘em. They’ve got a million buttons, and you target enemies and attack them, and the whole thing is so easily identifiable. But because of our presentation and interface, if you walked by our game on the show floor, you wouldn’t think it was an MMO. At that level, it doesn’t play like an MMO.

RPS: There’s a lot of vehicular combat in the trailers you’ve released. Can you talk about that?

TC: That’s definitely one of the pillars of our game, in addition to action combat. Vehicles in MMOs are usually pretty poorly implemented. You can’t get out, there’s no real physics. But the vehicles in our game, you can jump in and out, they react to the environment. I mean it’s not like, super-hardcore physics, you can’t really crash the vehicles. I’d call it “part-physics”, if that makes sense. You can still ram other vehicles and stuff, but you can’t tip over.

RPS: How exactly are you using the 40K universe?

TC: It’s our goal to make players feel like they’re actually inside the 40K game world. The races and classes we’ve chosen are all really iconic. I mean, so far we’ve revealed Space Marines, but that trend’s going to continue. We’ll reveal all the high-level bullet points of the IP.

RPS: I feel like the 40K universe distinguishes itself with a degree of… not maturity, but violence and depression. Bleakness. It doesn’t seem to be on the same wavelength as most MMOs, which strive to be accessible to absolutely everybody.

TC: Personally, I feel there’s a difference between accessibility of gameplay and accessibility of content. I’ve played 40K for 25 years. It’s daunting at first to sit down with someone and show them the universe, but there are a lot of accessible, acceptable, identifiable themes in 40K.

A lot of sci-fi can be weird, with no points of reference. But 40K has loads of points of reference. You’ve seen it in pop culture all over the place- it’s fantasy, it’s sci-fi, it’s horror, but it’s not unidentifiable fantasy-sci-fi. The idea of a Space Marine isn’t weird. Fighting demons isn’t weird. You’ve seen it in a bunch of fantasy games. I think Games Workshop’s great at producing a ton of fantasy content that resonates really easily.

RPS: I suppose what I’m talking about is that most MMOs tend to market themselves at a younger audience than you’d expect from 40K.

TC: I think if you look at our last game, Darksiders, you’ll see that we didn’t “gimp” the setting there. It wasn’t ridiculously dark, but we didn’t shy away from those elements and that’s our style as a studio.

RPS: So, ranged combat’s what you’re using to differentiate Dark Millenium Online?

TC: Well, ranged combat, the universe, and a couple of other things we’ll be talking about at a later date before the end of the year. There’s a lot of things that fall out of ranged combat that make the game not play like a traditional MMO.

RPS: How do you feel about Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning?

TC: I played it, I enjoyed it. I don’t really like to talk about other people’s projects, but I think that did fall into the category of a more traditional MMO, and we don’t. You go on missions and you gain levels; we have all the trappings that make you feel attached to the game and the community, but what you’re doing- the thing with an MMO is that you never talk about what you did in the game. You might say that you got cool loot, or you killed this boss, but you never say- like, if you’d played Left 4 Dead, you’d be like “We were in the carnival, and a guy shot the car, and it was crazy, and one of the Smokers got one of our guys who got dragged off on his own!”

The physical acts you did. That’s what you’re talking about. And in an MMO, you say- “I pulled a mob and killed it”? Everybody does that in every MMO in every hallway. You just never talk about it.

RPS: So you’re shooting for something more instanced? More scripted?

TC: There’s still an open world. One of the things I can talk about is that we’ve carved out a little system in the universe where we set our game, and some of the planets are contested, some aren’t. Some are just outright battlefields. So there’s a lot of open, explorable space, but there’s also a lot that’s personalised and scripted.

RPS: Okay. And will the shooting be skill based? Do you aim with the mouse?

TC: Ah… I will say it’s more action oriented. One thing we wanted to make clear is that it’s not hardcore shooting. The weird analogy that I always give is that on one end of the melee combat spectrum you have WoW, and on the other end you have Devil May Cry. But there’s stuff in the middle, like Diablo. It’s not WoW, but it’s not Devil May Cry. Translate that to ranged combat and you can maybe start to see what we’re doing here.

RPS: Will we be able to play Inquisitors?

TC: I can’t answer that, but I will say that I love Inquisitors. I dunno.

RPS: Thanks for your time.

To je sve što sam uspio iskopati za sad.

Izgleda da se THQ-u ne piše baš dobro... ili bar glasine kažu tako.
    http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=459014
    Apparently, The Game Workshops MMO has been cancelled by THQ
    PS.
    Vjerojatno fake, ali moram postati.

Datum registracije
    Mar 2010

Ja se nadam da je fake O_o

Senior Member Small step for mankind
    Datum registracije
    Dec 2005

Datum registracije
    Mar 2010

O mater im.
    Dan mi je bas dobro krenuo. Ponavljanje usmenog iz fizike sljedeci tjedan,jebeni prolom u Dubrovniku, jos cu sto posto zapesti negdje u Lici kad budem doma iso i saznat cu da imam tumor na desnom jajetu.

Datum registracije
    Feb 2007

Mislim da bi GW mogao da umješa orste i da licencu proda nekom drugom...Mislim, bilo bi fino...

Datum registracije
    Mar 2010

A kome bi je prodao? EA-u? Da to bi bilo bas savrseno. Cak i da proda nekome drugome mislim da ne bi mogli napraviti puno bolji posao od THQ-a.

Datum registracije
    Feb 2007

Možda ipak nije otkazana
    Fingers crossed...za CoH takođe...i DoW III...i SM 2....i ništa više

MMO is no more.
    http://www.joystiq.com/2012/03/29/warha ... r-game-10/
    “As previously announced, we have been actively looking for a business partner for the game as an MMO. However, based on changing market dynamics and the additional investment required to complete the game as an MMO, we believe the right direction for us is to shift the title from an MMO to a premium experience with single and multiplayer gameplay, robust digital content and community features,” said Brian Farrell, President and CEO of THQ Inc. “Because we believe strongly in the high-quality and vast creative work that is in production, this is the right decision for both our portfolio and for gamers devoted to this powerful property.”

Datum registracije
    Mar 2010

Cek znaci nece raditi MMO nego obican FPS? To i ne zvuci prelose osim ak ne naprave iste pogreske kao u Space Marine-u.

Datum registracije
    Feb 2007

Nadam se Space Marine-u II

Administrator My way or the highway
    Datum registracije
    Mar 2006

Nadam se da će biti dobro. Fakat se nadam.
    Najbrži pištolj Policije Okusa. Može da pogodi sve od bilo gdje. Također piše i poeziju.

Datum registracije
    Mar 2010

Ako namjeravaju napraviti ikakvu MP igru di nece biti samo chaos i space marinci morat ce se malo vise potruditi...ali ovaj put cu cekati sa kupnjom jer nemam nikakvu namjeru uzimati igru bez dedicated servera.

Datum registracije
    Feb 2007

Senior Member Small step for mankind
    Datum registracije
    Dec 2005

To je i bilo za ocekivati s obzirom na situaciju u firmi. Nažalost jedna od rijetkih igara kojoj sam se iskreno radova.

Ovo je stvarno obecavalo.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... Hu4Na0lsd0

Pozitivna cinjenica je da ce jednog dana sigurno postojat Warhammer 40k MMO, samo ne uskoro.

Ne će. Svaka osoba, kojoj je lore zanimljiv, će reći isto. Sve ostalo je zgrtanje para na vama smrtnicima.

Datum registracije
    Mar 2010

Ako THQ ne bude radio MMO bojim se kakav ce to MMO biti. Dosad je jedini fail sa warhammerom THQu bio space marine a i tu je samo failo u MP-u dok je SP bio dobar i zabavan.

Svi ostali koji su radili sa warhammerom su imali velike gubitke (Mark of Chaos, Warhammer Online, Fire Warrior). Naravno uvijek se mozemo nadati boljem
    al ipak nada je cura niskog moralnog standarda pa nikad ne znas sta cemo dobiti.

Slične teme

1. Warhammer: SOTHR i Dark Omen
    By Dux in forum Warhammer + Dawn of War
    Odgovora: 5
    Posljednji post: 22-07-2010, 09:31
  2. Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay & Dark Heresy
    By Arbiter of Change in forum Tabletop Gaming
    Odgovora: 10
    Posljednji post: 12-05-2010, 17:13
  3. Warhammer 40 K-Dawn of War-Dark Crusade
    By Wolfwrath in forum Pomagaj brate!
    Odgovora: 8