May 2006

Re: Fallout: New Vegas

Haha, i to ti je Obsidian
    "Extinction is the rule. Survival is the exception." - Carl Sagan

Senior Member My way or the highway Neven <R>'s Avatar
    Datum registracije
    Nov 2005

Evo recenzija od časopisa koji je među rijetkima (opravdano) popljuvao Fallout 3 - njima vjerujem.

My King is back and he&#39;s guiding my life.

Of course, it still suffers from Bethesda&#39;s crappy UI (with an upgrade to NPC managing, but shortcuts for the minimap or food, drugs would have been nice), and there are some serious and incomprehensible drops from 120 to 20 FPS, but, seriously, who gives a fuck?

Because if you&#39;re not too tight-assed and have accepted the first-person view (and realtime/FPS/VATS crappy slowmo), if you just embrace what Fallout&#39;s real soul is - a meticulous study of a humanity in crisis served by surprising situations, clever dialogue and well-thought role-playing games mechanics - then we&#39;re as close to a Fallout 3 as we could be.

The overall tone, even with Wild Wasteland, reminds more of Fallout 1 than Fallout 2. It&#39;s umbelievably dark. It&#39;s not desperate, but if you&#39;re really trying to screw everything and everyone, it could be..

It&#39;s quite a political game, it&#39;s mainly focused on one thing, organization of small human groups, and how their opinions and ideologies clash, are crushed or end up rotting and losing what used to be important, leaving only groups of devastated individuals.

Everyone has something to say.
    Everyone has a story.

There&#39;s a geography, an economy, and by chatting with people, gathering information, you begin to see how everything is linked: Production means, military stakes, every politic will.

Places are not thrown randomly on the map : they&#39;re taken from history (pre-war period), geography (natural resources, barriers, natural strongholds), from both (no man&#39;s land lines between factions) or justified by necessity. (Slums placed in concentric circles around New Vegas&#39; Strip).

In fact, it seems so natural than after seven or eight hours, I nearly had a panic attack because of the incredible size of the game world, its density and details.
    It may not actually be bigger than Bethesda&#39;s Fallout, but it&#39;s so well-build, and natural, than it feels ten thousands times bigger.

The thing is, there&#39;s no fucking travels in shitty subway corridors, no more unclimbable pile of trash, and nearly no caves only there to kill the same monsters ten times (I saw a cavern by monster race always ended by a Legendary whatsisname, especially the Legendary Deathclaw from which a keep a fond memory, kisses to you if you read me. Moreover, they always have a nice gift awarding your adventurer skills).
    On the other hand, you have some plateaux or canyons accessible by not so obvious paths, offering mind-blowing possibilities, and oftenly a town, an original place to explore, or high-level equipment.

All characters, NPCs or companions, are believable and well-rounded.
    Very few characters or all white or all black. By talking with them, you understand their motives, their positions and their actions.
    The most despicable ones are the most memorable : Vulves Inculta, the Desert Fox, Caesar&#39;s Lieutenant, is fascinating when he explains the precept which rules his life, and those of his slaves and troops.
    A walking nightmare in the name of morality...

The quests, living up to Fallout&#39;s standards, are multi-layered, and can be resolved by different means. Well, except all the "Kill those beasts here, here and there" we get when we enter some hideout without being known or recognized. And thank god, it&#39;s frankly better than the "Oh, hello, we never met, you may occasionnaly rape children with legs torn from cute puppies, but you like the kind of guy I need to sky on this bad guy in a fancy suit who wants to blow up our town".

Besides, you can use enemy clothes as disguise to accomplish quests on their territory, even when in war against them. But some individuals (sentinels, scouts, spies) can spot you, blackmail you, sell you out or lie and protect you if you&#39;re talented enough. I always have a khan outfit on me, or a load of drugs to pass as a dealer.
    But don&#39;t think you can work with everyone, the most interesting quests need you to be deep into a faction and, of course, to share their enemies.
    You can work for some rivals though, if you&#39;re careful and organized... To prove an agreement between two factions to crush physically and economically their rivals, I had to work for them and stop just before acting effectively in order to gather enough proof.

The game is entirely buit upon the Holy Canon of Fallout : you won&#39;t find any reference to the bethesdian blasphemy and every one has a story, a parent or anything related to the Hub, Redding, Modoc or Reno. There even is some old friends or their descendants.

Everything is subtile, elegant and well written.
    If a quest seems rubbish, you may have missed a part of it... It happened to me more than once.
    You kill an endless stream of monsters, learn rubbish information, do your report and leave, disappointed.
    But there is this door over there, you can&#39;t open it, because you&#39;d need 75% in Lockpick and it&#39;s only the beginning... You&#39;ll come back later.
    You come back, and blam! You had missed a third of the quest, and now it shows its real value and originality.

Last thing : combat seems actually good. It&#39;s not such a pain in the ass anymore. Big and bad monsters are rare and really hard to beat.
    Playing in first person with the Iron Sight is nice.
    The main problems with VATS are corrected, it&#39;s finally possible to shoot from afar if you&#39;re equipped and leveled enough, but melee still is very efficient.
    And with companions, it&#39;s getting fun.

An example : I have with me a small robot which spot enemies from a distance and warn me. But I also have a friend with a sniper rifle shooting targets I choose with my goggles or the Iron Sight.
    One I bought the "Anti Material Rifle" and gave it to my sniper buddy, the Bozar&#39;s cousin, we found a nice tactic : the robot spot an enemy, I mark the target, the camping coward kills it.
    Another one, I leave them behind, the sniper shoots at will, and I slow the big ones with my assault rifle or some melee ass-kicking. (melee fighters is a viable choice and interesting to make)

So it seems relatively tactic. And it&#39;s one amongts many... Other NPCs, other tactics. There&#39;s a girl who can hit unbelievably hard bare-handed, and there are a bunch of non-lethal weapons (melee, flashballs) and combat is a little bit more dynamic, they may have added some animation too.

And to conclude:
    It&#39;s so good I&#39;m afraid to finish it, as I was for Fallout 1 and 2...
    Well, when it happens, I&#39;ll start again.

PS: No crashes for me after 45 hours, and some very rare script bugs. (one which spoiled a minor quest about cows slaughtered with a gatling) PC Version. Of course.

Senior Member Small step for mankind
    Datum registracije
    Apr 2006

Ok. Prodan sam!
    A.K.A 7h30n
    = Citat = Izvorno postao Terran Marine
    It says press any key....but which one's the any key?!

Senior Member You have been warned Aral's Avatar
    Datum registracije
    May 2006

Mene jedino odbija od igre činjenica da ju je radio Obsidian...ali, ipak ću je odigrat. F3 sam igrao s guštom, ovo je nešto novo, pa će tako bit i s ovim.

Datum registracije
    Oct 2006

Zašto te to odbija pa na igri su radili neki od developera prvog i drugog fallouta što je za mene veliki plus.
    AMD Phenom x4 B35 @3.2 Ghz/Gigabyte HD6850@920/1150Mhz/DDR667 3gb/Dell U2311H

Datum registracije
    May 2006

Ma znam, al nekak su mi antisimpatični, zgadili su mi se sa nekoliko naslova i tako to. Mah, niš bitno. Ovaj fallout je dobar naslov, stvarno ga se isplati igrat, a usput sam se tolko navukao na sve to da sam instalirao i F3 sa svim dlc-ovima (osim zete, jer je katastrofa) i ponovno idem španat.

= Citat = Izvorno postao Neven <R>
    Evo recenzija od časopisa koji je među rijetkima (opravdano) popljuvao Fallout 3 - njima vjerujem.
    /cut
    Dakle, Obisidian je dostavio ono čemu su se svi nadali.

Senior Member You have been warned
    Datum registracije
    Jan 2009

Imam feeling da ću plakati od sreće kad ovo zaigram...

Senior Member Ninja hurdle
    Datum registracije
    Jun 2006

= Citat = Izvorno postao Neven <R>
    Mogao si samo stavit link na vijest i ne sve kopirat s NMA

anyway, razočaran sam s tim kaj algoritam pušta ovo u prodaju tek u ponedjeljak, toliko o europskom izlazu 22.
    Možda negdje drugdje i bude u petak,imam slobodan vikend i jako bi loše bilo da nema za nabavit

Datum registracije
    Oct 2006

Nakon nekih 30min u casinu odlazim s 5000 capsa u đepu, a tek sam poceo igrat lol.
    Sad pravac po novi armor
    AMD Phenom x4 B35 @3.2 Ghz/Gigabyte HD6850@920/1150Mhz/DDR667 3gb/Dell U2311H

Datum registracije
    May 2006

Lol, koji frik. To moram probat.

Datum registracije
    Apr 2009

Lol vec nakon par sati igranja sam dosao do necega sto mi naveliko smrdi da bi mogao biti kraj main questa. Jos trebam vidjeti jeli to zbilja poslijednji quest ali nakon sto je fallout 3 neocekivano brzo zavrsio ovo me nebi zacudilo.

Senior Member Master Blaster Feanor's Avatar
    Datum registracije
    Apr 2006

= Citat = Izvorno postao vukopas
    Lol vec nakon par sati igranja sam dosao do necega sto mi naveliko smrdi da bi mogao biti kraj main questa. Jos trebam vidjeti jeli to zbilja poslijednji quest ali nakon sto je fallout 3 neocekivano brzo zavrsio ovo me nebi zacudilo.
    Pa što si onda odmah išao ''rokat'' po main questu? Ja uvijek main quest idem igrat kad mi dobro dopizde sporedni questovi. U Morrowindu sam imao preko 150 sati igre kad sam krenuo na main quest
    Look at us. Everything is backwards; everything is upside down. Doctors destroy health, lawyers destroy justice, universities destroy knowledge, governments destroy freedom, the major media destroy information and religions destroy spirituality

Datum registracije
    Apr 2009

Što je još bolje nisam išao glavnim questom nego samo naletio na jednog lika s kojim sam popricao i uskoro dobio zadnji quest.

Drago mi je što je Obsidian po reakcijama mnogih dobro implementirao VA slavnih osoba za razliku od Bethesde. Ono, više tipe da te iznenade i drago ti je kad prepoznaš osobu (Colonel Tigh, fuck yeah) nego da su hypali čitavu stvar pa ispadne masivno razočaranje kao sa Picardom.

Senior Member Small step for mankind Horny Devil's Avatar
    Datum registracije
    Jul 2009

Poc'o igrat'. Za sada mi sve djeluje isto kao i u F3, ali jos nisam rjesavao kvestove, niti ozbiljnije istrazivao. Tek sam nesto sitno lunjao pocetnim mjestascem.
    Through this fog they came along
    Dark creatures singing a terrible song

Senior Member You have been warned
    Datum registracije
    Jan 2009

Jesi se šorao sa fists? To mi je megakewl.

Datum registracije
    May 2006

Instantno krpanje za Fallout: New Vegas
    Zasad samo u vezi questova i skriptiranja istih, a kasnije i druge stvari, poput performansi i sl.

Patch je instaliran, dlc-ovi su gore, igra se samo tako.

Senior Member Fight fire with fire Xero's Avatar
    Datum registracije
    Mar 2009

Kakvi vražiji dlc-ovi?

Datum registracije
    Jul 2009

= Citat = Izvorno postao Niko Bellic
    Jesi se šorao sa fists? To mi je megakewl.
    Nisam, furam gunove and shit. U igri, of course.

Datum registracije
    Mar 2009

Ja u stvarnosti goloruk napadam mutirane mrave.

Datum registracije
    Apr 2009

Vidim da igra ima vise humora od fallouta 3.
    Prica jednog robota o "velikim" kiriminalcima Vikki i Vance-u te njegovo objasnjavanje zasto oni nisu kopija Bonnie i Clyde-a
    je zakon

Datum registracije
    Jul 2009

= Citat = Izvorno postao Xero
    Ja u stvarnosti goloruk napadam mutirane mrave.
    Kulnost. Zelim biti tvoj prijatelj.

Less offtopic: Igra se skrsila nicim izazvana i povukla komp za sobom pa sam morao lupiti restart. Obsidian strikes back!

Datum registracije
    May 2006

= Citat = Izvorno postao Xero
    Kakvi vražiji dlc-ovi?
    To bi bili prije kao prebuy bonusi, al spadaju pod dlc-ove ajmo reć i redom su:

The Classic Pack:

Armored Vault 13 Suit - Extensively patched up and dotted with
    piecemeal armor, this outfit is a homage to the classic ending of
    the original Fallout.

Vault 13 Canteen - This handy device is useful for staving off
    dehydration and providing a small amount of healing in the Mojave
    Wasteland.

Weathered 10mm Pistol - A well-worn 10mm pistol that packs an extra
    punch despite its modest size.

5 Stimpaks - Food and water are good for long-term healing, but when
    the fighting is fierce, Stimpaks help keep Wastelanders upright.

The Tribal Pack:

Tribal Raiding Armor - Pieced together from scraps of armor, this
    outfit provides protection without impacting mobility.

Broad Machete - This heavy-bladed melee weapon does high damage
    against limbs and can quickly deal out a flurry of attacks.

5 Bleak Venom doses - Useful on any Melee Weapon, Bleak Venom makes
    short of work of most living targets.

10 Throwing Spears - If you would like to silently pin an enemy's
    head to a wall, Throwing Spears are the way to do it.

The Caravan Pack:

Lightweight Leather Armor - This hand-modified suit of leather armor
    reduces its overall weight without impacting its ability to protect.

Sturdy Caravan Shotgun - Despite its rough appearance, this Caravan
    Shotgun will reliably fire 20 gauge shells until the Brahmin come home.

4 Repair Kits - Useful for repairing any outfit or weapon, Repair
    Kits are a valuable tool for any caravaner.

Binoculars – The Mojave Wasteland is a dangerous place, but with
    these trusty Binoculars you’ll be able to spot trouble coming.

The Mercenary Pack:

Lightweight Metal Armor - Modified for long-range travel, this Metal
    Armor sacrifices some protection for mobility and overall weight.

Mercenary’s Grenade Rifle - Though similar to other 40mm Grenade
    Rifles in the Mojave Wasteland, this model has a faster reload cycle.

3 Super Stimpaks - When you absolutely, positively, need to keep
    your blood inside your body, Super Stimpaks fix you up in no time.

3 Doctors Bags - Mercenaries and broken limbs go together like
    Iguana-on-a-Stick and Nuka Cola. Thankfully, these Doctors Bags take
    a bit of sting out of the inevitable crushed skull.

Datum registracije
    Mar 2009

Aha to i ja imam, ali moram reć da baš i nisu nešta jedino je čuturica fora.

Senior Member Lord of The Fleas
    Datum registracije
    Mar 2009

Zasad mi se igra sviđa, ali je optimizacija enginea katastrofa. Sva sreća da postoji perfomance fix, inače bi mi igranje na ~20 fps-a bilo zbilja teško prožvakati.

Datum registracije
    May 2006

Kaj je došao taj performance patch? Nisam još vidio da je, osim ona dva kaj popravljaju questing i save i te fore.

Slične teme

1. Novi trailer za Fallout: New Vegas
    By IgGy in forum Komentari vijesti PCPlay.hr i PlayZone.hr
    Odgovora: 4
    Posljednji post: 15-06-2010, 12:48
  2. Detalji o Fallout: New Vegas kolekcionarskoj ediciji
    By IgGy in forum Komentari vijesti PCPlay.hr i PlayZone.hr
    Odgovora: 2
    Posljednji post: 13-05-2010, 20:21

Pravila postanja

• Ne možeš stvarati nove teme