Prikazujem rezultate 1 do 8 od 8

Tema: RIP HotU

Senior Member My way or the highway Neven <R>'s Avatar
    Datum registracije
    Nov 2005

RIP HotU

Love it or hate it, HotU was one of the (if not THE) most well-known Abandonware websites on the net. If you were looking for abandonware - HOTU had it. If you were looking for a massive archive with literally thousands of games to download and reviews to go with them - HotU had it. If you were looking for a rare or obscure title not found anywhere else on the internet... chances were HotU had it.

But over last three years HotU was dying a slow death, with no updates and the once-active community dwindling down until all that was left of it was the core of most die-hard supporters. In September last year the site went offline, only to return far diminished soon after, with none of the downloads or screenshots working anymore - reducing the once glorious abandonware archive to but a shadow of its former self.

A week ago, it went down again - and seems this time it's for good: according to a message posted by the site's owner on Twitter, it's webhost closed down due to bankrupcy, thus leaving HotU with no place to call home.

It's sad to see such an end for what was the best Abandonware site of - quite literally - the last decade.

Ladies and gentlemen, a minute of silence in the memory of the epic sprawl of gaming madness that was HotU.
    Preneseno sa abandonia.com

Stvarno šteta za site koji je bio najveći arhiv starih igara do dolaska Undeground Gamera.

Senior Member Giant leap for forum
    Datum registracije
    Oct 2008

Re: RIP HotU

:'(

Sad moram tražit stare igre kod žnj stranica...

*MSN me trenutno jebe u mozak pa sam rijetko na njemu*

Senior Member Small step for mankind
    Datum registracije
    Apr 2006

Ajme, nee Pa kako, zasto
    A.K.A 7h30n
    = Citat = Izvorno postao Terran Marine
    It says press any key....but which one's the any key?!

Datum registracije
    Oct 2008

= Citat = Izvorno postao Teon
    Ajme, nee PaSkako, zastoS
    But over last three years HotU was dying a slow death, with no updatesSand the once-active community dwindling down until all that was left of it was the core of most die-hard supporters. In September last year the site went offline, only to return far diminished soon after, with none of the downloads or screenshots working anymore - reducing the once glorious abandonware archive to but a shadow of its former self.

A week ago, it went down again - and seems this time it's for good: according to a message posted by the site's owner on Twitter, it's webhost closed down due to bankrupcy, thus leaving HotU with no place to call home.

Senior Member Small step for mankind
    Datum registracije
    Apr 2006

Mislim da je to bilo vise onako retoricko ... kojim izrazavam tugu ...

Edit: E al tocno sam si mislio da ce neko quotat article ponovo i boldat ili podvuc dio koji odgovara na moja 'pitanja'

E car si
    A.K.A 7h30n
    = Citat = Izvorno postao Terran Marine
    It says press any key....but which one's the any key?!

Datum registracije
    Oct 2008

Jbga.

Datum registracije
    Dec 2005

Baš mi je žao za underdogse, pogotovo zbog toga kaj su oni imali mnogo igarakoje nitko drugi nije...
    Then a gypsy woman comes, says "There's one thing you should know;
    I've just read your fortune, and you died five years ago. "

Također i sam sam se bio pitao prije nekoliko godina kako to da nema nikakvog napretka. Šteta, to je bila među prvim stranicama koja me uvela u abandoware, da ne spominjem kako je imala zavidnu knjižnicu starih igara (pogotovo dungeon crawlera).

Pravila postanja

• Ne možeš stvarati nove teme
  • Ne možeš odgovarati na postove
  • Ne možeš slati privitke
  • Ne možeš mijenjati svoje postove
  •