PDA

Pogledaj cijelu verziju : CPU Arhitektura - Tema aktivna samo 24 sata!

C
18-03-2010, 23:03
Molio bi da mi netko ukratko stručno objasni razliku između npr. 32 i 64 bitnog procesora!

Usput, molio bi da mi netko objasni, zašto CPU recimo ima FSB 1066 MHz-a, a clock rate je recimo 266 MHz-a?
Dali je to 1066 MHz-a bus za komuniciranje s northbridgeom(?),(a ovih 266 MHz-a za radni takt samog procesora puta množitelj).

Macolla
19-03-2010, 09:03
The difference between 64 and 32 bit processors

In the future, the battle between 64 bit vs 32 bit processors will inevitably yield the 64 bit processor as the victor, but this transition is going to take some time.

First, I’ll talk about the pure mathematics and structure of the processors that are involved here. I’ll keep this part short and sweet.

A bit is short for “binary digit.” It is basically how a computer stores and makes references to data, memory, etc. A bit can have a value of 1 or 0, that’s it. So binary code is streams of 1’s and 0’s, such as this random sequence 100100100111. These bits are also how your processor does calculations. By using 32 bits your processor can represent numbers from 0 to 4,294,967,295 while a 64-bit machine can represent numbers from 0 to 18,446,744,073,709,551,615. Obviously this means your computer can do math with larger numbers, and be more efficient with smaller numbers.

Now see, that description wasn’t too bad, but the question is how does this affect you, the average PC owner? The largest benefit will go to academic institutions and private companies, where large calculations are being performed, huge databases are being accessed, and complex problems are being solved.

Everyone that doesn’t fall into that category will see some benefit of using 64 bit processors over 32 bit processors, but not much in today’s marketplace. The AMD Athlon 64-bit processor is completely backward compatible, meaning you can currently use it with 32-bit operating systems and software programs. You will see some benefits by using this setup, but because the programs weren’t written to take advantage of the extra power, they won’t use much of it.

The true benefits of this set up don’t come from the amount of bits, but by the improved structure of the 64 bit vs 32 bit processor's older structure. A 64-bit processor is made with more advanced silicon processes, have more transistors, and faster speeds. This is currently where the true benefit of switching to a 64-bit processor lays.

As for 64-bit operating systems and software, many are in the works, but nothing is in final version. Microsoft has released a beta version of Windows XP that takes advantage of the 64 bit technology, but there are still issues. The problem is when you run 32-bit software programs in the environment of a 64-bit operating system. Many programs won’t work properly, such as Adobe Acrobat and Windows Media Player, for example. Another issue is RAM. You really need about 4 GB of RAM to take full advantage of the capabilities offered by a 64-bit processor, while most PC owners have less than 1 GB under their computer’s hood.

So, the question now is should you buy a 64 bit processor now, or wait?

Disadvantages:

You’re currently not able to take full advantage of the technology because the software vendors haven’t made the switch from 32-bit to 64-bit processors.

Most AMD Athlon 64 bit processors are expensive, with prices sure to go down in the future.

Advantages:

Better performance out of a 32-bit operating system.

Probably the last processor you’ll have to buy for many years to come.

You’ll be the talk of all your friends!
As you can see, a sound argument can be made for both cases. You’ll have to determine if the differences will benefit your situation and computing future. I’ll leave the ultimate decision up to you.

Source: http://www.softwaretipsandtricks.com/windowsxp/articles/581/1/The-difference-between-64-and-32-bit-processors

Google is changing our lives!

flander
19-03-2010, 14:16
joj da molim te, sumnjam da čovijek poput C-a nezna koristit google, pita da mu to netko lajički pojasni

Čux
19-03-2010, 15:40
najkraće moguće:

stvar je u duljini instrukcija

C
19-03-2010, 16:07
Puno texta, ništa koristi. Recimo sada da mi trebaš pojasniti razliku između 31 bitnog i 32 bitnog procesora svojim riječima, ukratko, šta bi rekao? :)
Eventualno ovo:

Obviously this means your computer can do math with larger numbers, and be more efficient with smaller numbers.

I odgovorite mi na ovo drugo pitanje glede FSB-a. :)

Macolla
19-03-2010, 19:54
Tu je objasnjeno najjednostavnije sto je moguce, drugo je ako se covjeku ne da citat pa hoce skraceno.

C
20-03-2010, 00:01
Da, skužio sam, ima više tranzistora koji su brži, pa može obraditi veću količinu podataka, a kada može primiti veću količinu podataka, onda automatski i manje podatke puno brže obradi.

Ovo što sam sada rekao je moglo zamjeniti cijelu tu Bibliju. :)

Sada mi recite ovo glede FSB-a. :)

C
23-03-2010, 15:34
OK, igraju se produžeci. Osim na wikipediji, može li mi netko banalno objasniti WTF je mips i mflops? Gdje se to nalazi? Čemu služi? Itd., itd.

Ae, odgovore odmah, pls, hitno je.

Horny Devil
24-03-2010, 00:16
Evo kako sam ja shvatio MIPS i MFLOPS.

MIPS = Million instructions per second. Dakle koliko instrukcija procesor obradi u sekundi.

MFLOPS = Million floating point operations per second. Koliko operacija s pomicnim zarezom procesor obradi u sekundi.

Nemoj ovo uzimati zdravo za gotovo, vjerojatno ima boljih i tocnijih definicija.

Don Kihot
24-03-2010, 00:47
Osnovna razlika između 32bit i 64bit procesora je u obradi instrukcijske riječi.

32bit procesor će u jednom strojnom ciklusu obraditi jednu 32bit riječ, dvije 16bit riječi,
četiri 8bit riječi itd...

32bit procesor nezna i nemože obraditi 64bit riječ, niti upravljati 64bit operativnim sustavom.

64bit procesor radi istu stvar kao i 32bit. Samo on dvije 32bit instrukcijske riječi obradi u jednom strojnom ciklusu.

Vizualno ovako:

64bit procesor 1 strujni ciklus:

|[__64__]|

|[32]S[32]|

Interval izvođenje riječi je jednak za jednu 64 bit ili dvije 32bit.

Najčešće kod 32bit riječi imaš 16bit podatkovnog dijela i 16bit adresnog/instrukcijskog dijela.
Kod 64bit imaš podjelu na 32/32.

C
24-03-2010, 18:33
E hvala a ti puno, to sam tražio. :D

MIPS & MFLOPS - Da, sa Wikipedije, ali...šta je to? Neka mjerna jedinica ili? :)

Lord Ragnarok
24-03-2010, 18:46
da, moze se tako reci. kad smo to radili u skoli (MIPS smo spominjali, za MFLOPS neznam) to su bile jedne od karakteristika proc, istao kao i radni takt(G/M Hz). mozes uzeti da je to jos jedna od komponenti s kojima mozes usporedivati 2 proc (recimo moj ima 15MIPS-a, a tvoj 30 MIPS-a, stoga je tvoj 2x bolji u tom pogledu [brojke su fiktivne])

C
24-03-2010, 19:06
OK, znači to je jedna od mjernih jedinica snage procesora. :)

Čux
24-03-2010, 19:16
MIPS (the benchmark):

The processor benchmark called MIPS has nothing to do with the company name. In the context of CPU performance measurement, MIPS stands for 'Million Instructions Per Second' and is probably the most useless benchmark ever invented. The rest of this page concerns MIPS as a benchmark, not the company (also discussed here are the MFLOPS and SPEC benchmarks, plus a comment on memory bandwidth).

MFLOPS

People often mean MFLOPS to mean different things, but a general definition would be the number of full word-size fp multiply operations that can be performed per second (the M stands for 'Million'). Obviously, fp add or subtract operations take less time and slowest of all is fp divide. Older CPUs take many clock cycles to complete one FLOP and so, even at a high clock speeds, their FLOP rate can be low. An example is the 486DX4/100 which is rated at about 6MFLOPS. Compare this to the 200MHz R4400 which is rated at about 35MFLOPS. For older processors, clock speed is clearly no indication of MFLOP rate.

za više vamo:
http://www.futuretech.blinkenlights.nl/perf.html

Don Kihot
24-03-2010, 21:22
E hvala a ti puno, to sam tražio. :D

MIPS & MFLOPS - Da, sa Wikipedije, ali...šta je to? Neka mjerna jedinica ili? :)

PS - Imam gore malo "lapsusa", umjesto "strojni" napisao sam "strujni",
al nemogu editirati, tako da znaš o čemu se radi.

Lp

C
24-03-2010, 22:33
OK, thx. :)